I found some great winter activities for them. They are basically preschool centers. I hope they like them!
Books...What would a themed party be without books to match!
Sugar Cube Blocks...I saw in Family Fun an igloo made of sugar cubes. I think they had even glued it together. I thought that using the sugar cubes as blocks would be fun! I found some little trees and a few little animals to add to the winter wonderland.
Spice Jar Snowmen Blocks...I saw this idea here. So I set to work cleaning out my spice cabinet. Wow! How often are you supposed to do that because I'm pretty sure that the seven year old curry was way past the expiration date! Glad I don't like it. That's probably why I forgot it was there. Anyway, I digress, I used big and small jars and used markers to add faces rather than gluing tiny pieces on them. K has been playing with them and I didn't want her to chew off any of the parts. I am going to add buttons, I just forgot!
What a cute snow family!
Mitten Match...I saw this idea here. I cut out four different color mittens for color sorting. I also added numbers up to ten for number sorting. Most of the kids are four so they should already have a grasp on their colors.
Snow Sensory Tub...I saw this idea here. This is great for feeling different textures and for honing those fine motor skills. The kids can use the clothespins to pick up snowflakes or pom poms. For older kids, you could give them written instructions like, "Find 3 snowflakes and 4 blue pompoms." I'm sure that the boys will drive their trucks in it too!
I also made a large plain snowman and hid his parts around the house. We will have a little scavenger hunt to find the parts of the snowman and put him back together.
I am excited about the party and hope the little ones have a good time! More to come later!

No comments:
Post a Comment