Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Belated Presidents' Day

To help celebrate the holiday, J and I made cherry thumbprint cookies tonight.  We were going to make them yesterday but Papaw was home.  As far as J is concerned, spending time with Papaw is more important than cooking with mom or anything else for that matter!  The cookies are pretty good and easy to make.  He had fun rolling them into balls and putting the cherries on each cookie's thumbprint. 


Making thumbprints



Putting the cherries on
  
The finished product...Yum!!

J is so much fun to do these things with and he is learning so much so fast.  We have been working on the alphabet and numbers.  He is learning how to spell his name.  It is rather lengthy so it is taking some time!  He hears and sees everything.  I love listening to him retell Bible stories from Bible class and sing the songs.  Yesterday he was singing the books of the new testament and I was amazed!  I tried to get him to sing it again with me but he said, "You are not my teacher so you can't sing it."  I finally convinced him that we could practice at home so he could sing it with his teacher Wednesday night.  I love my sweet boy!

Sweetheart candy graph (They don't make brown ones anymore!)


He ate as many as he glued!

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment